Ordering books directly from the online catalog
We've made it easier to pre-order books. From March 1, you no longer have to write the books you want to prepare for loan to us by e-mail, but you can order them directly from the online catalog.
The procedure is simple:
1. Log in to the online catalog (http://aleph.zcu.cz/) via your ORION account.
2. Select the title you are interested in. Tip for you: if you are looking for recommended study literature, which is published for the subject on the UWB portal, a click from the portal should work for the title directly to us in the catalog.
3. In the record of the book, click on the "all units" option and select the copy (unit) you are interested in. If we have multiple copies of a book in different libraries, choose the book according to the library in which you want to pick up the book. Preferably select copies with a "Available" loan period from one branch. Already borrowed copies of the book (with the date of the loan period) cannot be ordered, they can only be reserved and will be available only after return by the user.
4. Select the "request" option in the unit detail and then confirm your request.
5. As soon as the books are ready, you will receive an e-mail from the library branch from which you ordered the book. Contact us and make an appointment with us.
If you don't know how to deal with something, write to us. We will be happy to advise and help you.